Thursday, August 21, 2008

it's time

I'm ready to begin the return journey.... ready in a heartful sense. Today it begins. My two days at St. Mary's (conference center, not the convent) gave me the opportunity to realize that I'm 'done retreating'. I've had a majestically exultant time since mid-July. Thank You, God: It's enough for now!

I'm overlooking the still misty valley below 'the mountain' here in Sewanee, Tennessee. I leave in 20 minutes. I have been given backroads insights from here to Memphis. After that, it will likely be some variation following I-40 westward for at least 2,400 miles, possibly routing through L.A.

Possibly not.

Next time I plan a road trip, I'll consider a motorcycle.... with or without a pink flamingo.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re next trip

Very experienced motorcycle captain available at very reasonable rates - without flamingo !

Diane in a leather motorcycle outfit - interesting !

Stay safe on that big journey home

UK Mike