Thursday, August 28, 2008

heading for Venice Beach

I'm heading to Venice Beach right now to say hi to my Dad. I grew up on Ocean Front Walk, before the Venice Pier, before the Marina del Rey was dug out and created. My dad passed away in 1988. The tug and sensations are powerful. 

It is at least 15 degrees cooler in West L.A. than the Bay Area, so I am here for now!

I'm staying with my friend Susan. You can tell we took this photo just yesterday! For those who are au fait with code, we'll be heading to the Brentwood Thursday night meeting tonight. When I phoned Central Office to verify that it was still around, the woman quipped, "Sure is!" It's a rather large and popular meeting. "So I'll arrive half an hour early to save a seat, right?" I said. "You should arrive three days early to save a seat," she said. That's the Westside!

No comments: