Tuesday, September 2, 2008

7,884 miles and 7 weeks later

I made it back to Berkeley (photo proof at left, if there was any doubt).... in one piece for the most part. I will share more deeply as I continue to untangle the fluttered pattern of this summer's outstanding gifts from the giddy-up thud in a re-landing. In other words, a closing paragraph..... that ooooh-no of the college essay. I will be accepting applications for various titles. Prize options will be subject to my approval and mood at the time, not to mention legal, financial and moral applicability.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Dear Diane,

We are glad to know you made it home safely! We just returned from spending a few days in the mountains of NC with some dear friends. We visited, well, let's see, LOTS of waterfalls! I can't remember how many, they were all beautiful though! I love your glam photo with your friend Susan. You indeed look like you are from 'Callie'. Sending Love, Susan & Klaus

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE YOU !

GLAD YOU ARE HOME SAFE ALTHOUGH JUDGING BY THAT BEETLE PHOTO THERE ARE SOME REAL WEIRDOS AROUND YOUR AREA !

UK MIKE

Diane said...

Cap't Mike.... and when might you have thought that I fit in with everyone else? Of course it's weird here in Berkeley! Of course if I was that clever I'd have done the same thing to my green Honda Civic... And Susan.... it's kinda fine to be back here in Callie. Had I not traveled all the way Eastward and back I'd have not learned that we wuz called that!